Monday to Tuesday: Closed , Wednesday: 17:30 to 20:00 , Thursday: Closed , Friday: 17:30 to 20:00 , Saturday to Sunday: Closed
Battlehill Judo Club
The Battle Hill Judo Club was founded by Malcolm Young in 2003 , the club is run by a committee of members
(details available on the web site) under the guidance of the instructor.
The Martial Arts club has an atmosphere that most people find warm and friendly, and the club also participates in numerous
• Competitions - both local and national events
• Courses - Training courses for Judo, Kata, coaching.
• Gradings - 2 to 3 times per year, held with the four member clubs of the academy.
• Social Events - Theme park trips, children's parties.
About Judo (Martial Arts)
The Art of Judo
Judo is a fun sport, an art, a discipline, a recreational or social activity, a fitness program, a means of self-defence
or combat, and a way of life. It is all of these and more. Judo comes to us from the fighting system of feudal Japan,
Dr. Jigaro Kano, studied these ancient forms and integrated what he considered to be the best of their techniques
into what is now the modern sport of Judo.
Judo, which is translated as the "gentle way", teaches the principle of flexibility in the application of technique. This
is the flexible or efficient use of balance, leverage, and movement in the performance of Judo throws and other
skills. Skill, technique and timing, rather than the use of brute strength, are the essential ingredients for success in
First Lesson Free for New Students
Expires: 31st December 2036
ReviewsLeave a review
Is this your business?
- Add rich content via our editing tools
- Remove ads from your listing
- Appear more prominently in search results